Naturopathic Medicine & Nutrition
“Let the nature heal you in its
most natural ways. Don’t Resist
The natural healing, Complement IT
With Self Love.”
– Divya Mishra
What is Naturopathic medicine?
Is a system that uses natural remedies mixed with the knowledge of modern medicine to help the body heal itself and prevent diseases. The goal of Naturopathic medicine is to treat the whole person, meaning, not only focusing on their physical problems, but also keeping an eye on mind and spirit.
The core principles of naturopathic medicine are:
- Concentrate on a patient’s whole wellness
- Minimize the need for any invasive treatment
- Disease prevention through health promotion
- Identification of root causes of disease
Most naturopathic doctors and naturopaths believe in natural therapies, such as nutrition and lifestyle counseling. Therefore, they tend to stay clear of prescription medicine as they deflect the purpose of opting for natural remedies, in its place, they usually prescribe herbal medicines or nutritional supplements.
Benefits of Naturopathic medicine
- Individualized treatment
- Increased self-awareness
- Improves well-being
- Versatility in methods
- Conditions and illnesses treated
- Disease prevention
- Health promotion
- Changes the way you think
- Helps with anxiety and depression
- Effective treatment for cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and polycystic ovary syndrome
Who practices it?
Some hospitals, private clinics, community centers, and clinics support naturopathic medicine. People who practice it usually fall into these three groups:
- Traditional naturopaths
- Healthcare providers
- Naturopathic physicians